- A CPLA membership is an investment in your business!
- New Brunswick - new legislation to amend the existing Payday Loan Act
- Ontario – Payday Lending loophole closed... 2 stories
- New Protections for Manitobans using High-Interest Loans
- MANITOBA – PUB releases Payday Loans Report
- Ontario Government to Review Payday Loans Act
- Environics Payday Loan Users Studies - BC,AB, MB & ON
- CPLA welcomes My Canada Payday
- CPLA welcomes New Payday Loan Regulations in PEI
- CPLA applauds Ontario'’s continued commitment to Consumer Protection
- CPLA Welcomes Telpay
- CPLA welcomes Western Union
- Nova Scotia Payday Lenders Act changes are effective MAY 1, 2012
- No limits on cash stores in Esquimalt
- New! Financial Education and Literacy Programs – one stop shop
- Sask Gov’t Payday Loans Division website now available!
- A CPLA Membership has its privileges!
"Payday loans are an important source of financial assistance for many people in Ontario.
We're taking steps to assure consumers of stronger protections
while balancing the needs of the industry."
– Hon. Ted McMeekin
- Other Payday Loan Studies/Reports
Welcome to the CPLA
The Canadian Payday Loan Association (CPLA) represents the majority of licensed payday lenders in Canada. CPLA works to ensure payday loan companies hold themselves to a higher standard of responsible service and to help customers make informed financial decisions
CPLA is the national trade association for companies that provide Canadians with short-term loans or payday advances in small amounts to help cover unanticipated expenses.
CPLA is not your typical industry association. The CPLA works to promote laws and regulations that balance strong consumer protections while preserving access to short-term credit for millions of Canadians. And we’re a leader in best business practices and consumer protection.
Our mandate is to work with governments toward a national regulatory framework that will allow for a viable industry and protect consumers.
Our members adhere to a strict Code of Best Business Practices.
Our members abide by responsible industry practices and ensure customers understand the cost and risk of short-term payday advances to facilitate the best financial decisions. Using Payday Loans
We take our mandate seriously, and membership in our national association is a privilege.
The Canadian Payday Loan Association and the Better Business Bureau collaborate to provide access to the valuable benefits of BBB Accreditation. Included is the use of BBB’s logo to establish trust in your payday loan business in Mid-Western & Central Ontario (including Metro Toronto) which is now available to CPLA Members ONLY